But we all know how easy it is to lose a piece of paper, right?
It can go missing, get lost, end up misfiled and overlooked entirely.
Sometimes, patients take their paper outcome forms after their consultation and walk out the door before the receptionist team have had a chance to process them.
Unfortunately, these very common scenarios present a lot of problems for both hospitals and patients, especially if outcome forms go missing, become misplaced or don’t get completed at all. This can affect the billing process and the scheduling for follow-up appointments with the clinician – putting the hospital’s revenue and the patients’ well-being at risk.
So, are paper outcome forms a thing of the past?
Paper has served its purpose, however with the technology-driven world we live in today, there are digital outcome form solutions available now that are simple, effective and solve both problems for hospitals and clinics.
Let’s explore this in more detail.
The digital Outcome Form for clinics and hospitals
All organisations aim to take their customer experience to the next level - hospitals and clinics included. The better the experience people have, the better the health and financial outcomes will be.
One simple but effective way to improve this is to digitalise the patient outcome form, eliminating the limitations and risks of paper-based versions, whilst streamlining visits and internal workflows.
With this in mind, our team at NEXA developed a digital solution.
Q-Flow® is a well-known system that supports hospital outpatient services. Our solution, the NEXA Outcome Form, is an enhancement to Q-Flow® that electronically communicates consultation outcomes from the clinician to the receptionist – taking away the need for paper-based transactions and long waits.
What are the benefits of digital patient Outcome Forms?
- Improved revenue tracking – As the Outcome Form is digital and automated, the clinician can submit all Medicare information and record all billings accurately and easily.
- A more efficient process – With this application, clinicians can easily fill out the Outcome Form before calling the next patient. Additionally, receptionists immediately receive a read-only view before the patient leaves the room, but have space where they can add their notes and follow up reminders.
- A great customer experience – Because the Outcome Forms are electronically sent from the clinician to the reception desk with instructions for further appointments, patients no longer have to wait around for a piece of paper to be handed, processed and updated by the receptionist.
- Optimised documentation – Documentation is an important part of a hospitals’ auditing trail. The Outcome Form records and stores all consultation outcomes so they’re organised and easily accessible by authorised persons.
- Seamless transition and communication – The Outcome Form equips hospitals with handling processes and a smooth flow of information between the clinician and administration, making the process more convenient for everyone.
These are just a few of the many benefits that the digital NEXA Outcome Form provides to hospitals and clinics.
So, do you want your hospital to experience these benefits?
Let’s discuss making your patient Outcome Form digital.
At NEXA, we’re focused on delivering innovative solutions that streamline the customer journey and improve internal efficiencies.
With NEXA’s digital Outcome Form, we’ll help you improve hospital or clinic operations by eliminating the revenue problems and risks of paper.
Easy to implement and backed up by our ongoing support structure, our solutions are breathing new life into our healthcare system for the benefit of everyone.
For more information on the Outcome Form, download the brochure here or contact us today and we can discuss your needs.